Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oscar the Grouch hat

I was asked about making hats. Never considered it, since so many make hats.
This is my effort at it.

 
Pay no attention to the lady gnome that refuses to be finished.
 
It's the grouch hat she's wearing!
 
The pattern can be found here at; Girl in the Air, but scroll down the page, it's there.
 
I worked it in half double crochet, I wanted it to be warm for the winter.
Since posting it to my facebook, many have asked about it.
So I'm on my way as soon as I finish the puppy to go with a doll that's just about finished.
 
Time is marching on, today we found that winter storms will now have names. In Central Illinois that could be a very good thing.
 
Harvest is finished but we are thinking about cold frames for winter vegetables.
 
More companies are laying off during the Christmas season, which will surely lead to more uncertainty, and people needing more help.
 
As for the Lady Gnome, she is going to be finished liking it or not. She has been trying to make up her mind for at least a year or more.
 
Everyone, continue to count your blessing and pray that God will bring peace to all that seek it.
 
til next time,
 
wild clover
 
~ ~
 *
 
.

2 comments:

  1. The hat is great, and so is the gnome modeling it!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth, Hilda the lady gnome will be modeling many more hats.. lol

    ReplyDelete