Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I made her as a self image

 
My Self Portrait in a Doll
 
I worked the doll as a self image. How I see myself.
The dress, well, I had the yarn left from working some baby shoes. I used what was here, next to me.
You can't see the shinny crochet thread I used in the smocking and for the shoes.
Just small hints of shimmer.
 
I like making doll to look like, I see people.
 
I'm going to try some long pants and a sweater. Just to change her up.
 
Got another idea for my facebook web page; Crochet & Other Delights.
Stop by and like it.
 
til next time
 
wild clover
 
~ ~
 *
 
UPDATE:
She won first place at the 2013 Illinois State Fair in the crochet doll division
 
 
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 Credit should always be given to inspiration. Doll crafter, designer, 
Beth Ann Webber, is the genius behind some of the works I do.
Her Bleuette Doll, here;  Bleuette is the pattern I used for my doll, along with the smocking for the upper of the dress and shoes.
The hair is a wig tutorial; Doll wig tutorial by Beth Webber
.
She gives and seeks nothing in return other than the pleasure of knowing her effort is appreciated.
I love her efforts.

God continue to Bless her and her family.
.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Connie! She is wonderful!! And I'm so glad to have found your blog :-) I love, love, love her hair, and you did a terrific job making your little Bleuette.

    Bravo!

    Beth (from byhookbyhand)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Beth, you inspire me to work your designs.
    I enjoy all your wonders.
    Thank you for sharing them with us.

    til next time,

    connie

    ~ ~
    *
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a sweetheart. Your are lovely. I like the smocking - I've never seen it done with crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara, Miss Beth Webber, has a blog, "by hook, by hand". It's her creation. All of it. She inspires me so. I do so love following her and trying my hand at her sharing.
    Thank you so much for such kind words.
    til next time,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete