Saturday, January 2, 2016

Clownfish lapghan

Hello Everyone,
I had a request to give instruction about a baby clownfish I worked a few months ago. I'll do my best but I just kinda "flew by the seat of my pants", which I hardly ever do but here goes:

 
 
 
Someone else's pattern was my inspiration,
you can find it here: SHELL SLEEP SACK AND CAP

The fins, again, inspiration from another pattern.
of coarse I added touches to the ends of the fins.

I used a G  ~ 4.00mm hook, or size that works with the yarn you are using.
Stashed yarn that had been gifted to me.

Working in ROWS, not rounds, well not yet. lol

I worked from the top ~ down, it is worked in a shell stitch,
5 double crochet in the same stitch, make the shell.

I chained as many as I needed to fit around the baby and worked my shell stitches until I was comfy with the number of shells worked in the chain, then took the shells out and began working the rows.

(Then, making sure I had enough chain stitches for the shells.)

          Row 1.) single crochet in the back humps of the chain, to the length needed for baby cocoon.
          Row 2.) chain 2,  Double crochet in the top of last single crochet of previous row, and in each single crochet across. (ch 2 does not count for anything here, other than turning)
          Now begin working in the shell stitch
working about 1 ~ 7 rows in orange.
cut yarn, when you have as many rows as you like for the look you want.
join black yarn and work 3 rows in shell stitch
cut yarn,
join white yarn and work 5 rows in shell stitch
cut yarn when you have as many rows as you like for the look you want.
join black yarn and work 3 rows in shell stitch.
cut yarn
join orange, work 2 rows, in shell stitch, next, join as to begin working in the round.

DISCLAIMER: I must admit, I relied heavily on the pattern 
 Clownfish (nemo) Cocoon style blanket  to work most of my cocoon and the SHELL SLEEP SACK AND CAP  for the hat and shell stitches  link above
 
from this point I just kinda winged it until I got what I wanted.
Checked out shell decreases with youtube videos, like this one.
\/


About marker 29:49 she shows you how to join the work for rounds, if you continue to watch, she will also show you how to decrease your rounds and how to attach the tails and fins.

Like I said: I do nothing by myself.
I can not take credit for anything other than what my 2 hands are able to create.
And with the blessings of God I am able to do that.

Wishing All of you the VERY BEST in the New Year, wow 2016, can you believe it?

not much else,
like everything
 
most is trial,
and
the rest is error.
 
God Bless & Keep Thee
 
 
 
til next time
connie
 

~ ~
*


.

2 comments:

  1. From one Conni to another Connie THANK YOU for filling my request. You're a doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I hope it leads to in the direction you need.
      Wishing you the very best in the New Year.
      God Bless

      til next time.

      Delete